Every 3 months, HMRC review the advisory fuel rates. They apply to employees using a company car if:
- You reimburse employees for business travel
- Or require employees to repay the cost of private travel
These are “fuel only” rates, and if you use them, you have certainty that you are claiming no more than the true cost of fuel used on business journeys and so will not be taxed on a ‘fuel benefit’.
These rates apply from 1st December 2019.
|Engine size||Petrol – amount per mile||LPG – amount per mile|
|1400cc or less||12p||8p|
|1401cc to 2000cc||14p||9p|
|Engine size||Diesel – amount per mile|
|1600cc or less||9p|
|1601cc to 2000cc||11p|
Point Progress provides a HMRC Rate Update Service, to help businesses implement changes like these. Find out how you can transform the management of your expenses.
- NEW Incorporating Budgets into Expense Management - 19 January 2021
- Using Cloud Software to Boost Productivity FREE Webinar - 12 January 2021
- Streamlining Expenses for Weldmar Hospicecare Trust - 11 January 2021