After the announcement of the easing of lockdown restrictions in the UK, it is no surprise that the UK’s biggest holiday firm, Tui, reported an increase in holiday bookings overnight of 500%, and UK-based Hoseasons and Cottages.com sold a record 10,000 breaks.
With the nation eager to catch up on missed holiday time, we can expect employers will also see an increase in leave requests for the summer and beyond, making effective leave management a priority.
In 2020, the UK government announced unused annual leave could be rolled over into the next 2 holiday years, meaning a lot of staff have a lot of holiday at their disposal!
Effective absence management is important at any time, but more so as we look to the post lockdown recovery period. The biggest challenge with leave requests, will be making sure all employees are afforded the opportunity to holiday, whilst not hindering the operations of the company.
Is your company prepared for the influx of leave requests?
Self Service Absence & Annual Leave Management
At Point Progress we are advocates of simplifying unnecessarily complicated or tedious admin processes, with the use of software, and that includes absence management.
Absence & Leave Management Made Easy
TimeOff is our self service employee absence and leave management tool, packed with several features which will simplify the entire process.
- Cloud based – employees and managers can access from anywhere
- Shared team calendars – view absences at a glance across your team to avoid being short staffed, with colour coded leave types
- Customisable workflow – make sure the right person receives requests
- Email notifications and reminders – never miss a leave request again
- Accurate absence reporting – no more paper leave requests forms or spreadsheets
- TimeOff can be used alongside our MyTime timesheets module
With absence management software in place, you can rest assured that your company is adequately staffed, with minimal administrative work.
You can find out more about the TimeOff leave management module, or contact your account manager.